Since I have last blogged;
- we threw a birthday party for my son, which was awesome. We had a BBQ and some really hot weather so it went well. And D got a swimming pool for his birthday so it was perfect for all of our guest and their little ones to lounge in and cool off. D received his first sk8 board and was immediately ready to hop on and ride. Ryno was pretty proud.
- D and I went to Idaho to see his Aunt Darcy perform in "Dames At Sea." He managed to get car sick on the way there and back after going over Snoqualmie Pass. He totally takes after me, poor kid.
- We ended up spending a total of 10 days in Idaho rather than 5 because my Dad had quadruple bypass heart surgery. Talk about scary. I spent the better part of three days at the hospital. Not my favorite place. The day I came home, I got a call saying that my Dad had had a heart attack while still the hospital. So of course, the guilt that I left too early.
- the next weekend I drove back to Idaho, solo. I spent an afternoon with my Dad so his wife could have a break with her daughter who was visiting her from Russia. We watched football while he dozed on the couch. I was glad I went and got to spend that time with him to reassure myself he would be ok.
- that weekend marked the first time I was ever away from my son overnight. It went well and was easier than I expected. I guess he doesn't need me half as much as I had thought. It was a good practice run for when I go to NY for 5 days on Sept. 12, which I am so excited about.
- Went to my good friend, Bill Canepa's wedding last weekend outside of Bellingham. It was one of the most fun weddings ever. It was all outdoors, which was great due to D's attention span and I am so happy for my friend that he found the woman of his dreams. There was also lots of dancing which D thoroughly enjoyed.
SO I guess I have been busy. My life is very full and I wish I had more motivation to keep up on blogging. But, I get motivated once in while but the rest of the time, not so much. That is just me.
So until next time.